Public Liability Lawyers

(Slip & Trip accident)

Slip & Trip Accident

Where an injury has occurred because of a slip, trip or fall in a public or private place, or through the fault of another person, you may be able entitled to claim compensation from the responsible party.

Find out where you stand.  Speak to our Slip & Trip accident lawyers today.

Financial support may available if you have been injured through an accident in a private or public place or because of a faulty or unsafe product.

It can often be difficult to identify who was responsible for your accident, and whether you have a right to make a public liability claim.

This is why it is recommended that you speak with an expert in public liability claims as soon as reasonably practical after your accident.  This ensures you are fully informed about your eligibility and potential entitlements, understand the information you will need to gather and steps you need to take in order to successfully access compensation.

Sach Fernando and Jenan Elhassan

You may be entitled to:

  • Medical and associated expenses, including for any help you need at home
  • Past and future loss of wages, including superannuation
  • Lump sum for your pain and suffering and loss of earnings
  • Dependency claims.

Strict time limits apply, so we encourage you to speak with our public liability lawyers today to discuss your case and the entitlements you may be eligible for.

“If you’re seeking to make a public liability claim I highly recommend Maxiom Injury Lawyers. Sach Fernando and his staff were wonderful, their advice, guidance and efforts helped me obtain a satisfactory result”

– Sue Weate

Why we do, what we do

Our Services


After a work-related trauma you are legally entitled to make a claim for financial support to help you recover.

It doesn’t matter who was at fault.


After an accident on the road you are legally entitled to make a claim for financial support to help you recover.

It doesn’t matter who was at fault.

(Injury and Malpractice)

If you are injured as a result of the negligence or malpractice of a health provider you may be entitled to claim compensation.

(Total Permanent Disability)

If you have taken out income protection as part of your superannuation policy, you may be able to make an injury claim.

(Asbestos & Mesothelioma)

If you have been diagnosed with an asbestos disease or mesothelioma, let us pursue your entitlements immediately.

Why Maxiom Injury Lawyers?

In our experience, clients receive the most benefit during the legal process when they work with a lawyer who actively listens to their stories and understands their concerns about the legal process.

That’s why at Maxiom Injury Lawyers you will be partnered with an Accredited Specialist in Personal Injury Law who is accessible when you need and will advocate for your rights, be your voice and ensure you receive your full and fair entitlements. We are also committed to keeping legal fees low so that you receive the maximum amount of compensation

To start your path to recovery, you can contact us at any time by phone or enquiry form. If you are not quite ready to speak to us, we also offer a Free Claims Check so you can find out if you are eligible to make a claim for your injury.

Read more from our clients here

Towards the end of my Common Law Claim, and still feeling so unsure of my “worth”, Sach fought for me; truly understanding just how much my life had been altered, (if not devastated) by the accident.  He dealt with the TAC & settled with them for no less than what I was worth – ultimately reminding me of my own worth in the process.

- Vandana Chand

The team at Maxiom are professional, diligent and compassionate. They understand how stressful clients situations can become and approach challenges with compassion and empathy. For injury claims you definitely want Maxiom in your corner. Thank you Sach, you have made such a positive impact on my life, I can’t thank you enough.

- Nathan Guner

When you are a client of Maxiom you know you are receiving all the information you need to make good decisions for yourself.  It helps you feel empowered in a legal process that can strip you of so much which is important.

- Alice Cooney

I injured my back at work and was recommended to talk to Sach Fernando at Maxiom Injury Lawyers.  Money can’t heal my injury but does help relieve the stress of paying the mortgage. If you are injured and need a supportive team around you, call Sach.

- Joanne Clancy

I had an amazing experience with Maxiom Injury Lawyers. My English is not very good and I was very stressed because of my back injury.  Sach gave me emotional support as well as always arranging an interpreter to explain my WorkCover claim.  They are highly professional, compassionate and accommodating.

- Sarbjeet Kaur

Sach Fernando immediately put in place the necessary framework required to achieve the ultimate financial outcome in my workplace bullying claim; and ensured I had the right support during such a difficult time – both were achieved and exceeded my expectations, including the accessing of all superannuation and insurance benefits available to me.

- Jason Thomas


Public Liability Claims FAQ

Private and public places include, but aren’t limited to, the following:

  • Supermarkets and other retail outlets (commonly slip and trip injuries)
  • Footpaths and gardens
  • Sporting fields
  • Parks
  • Residential, commercial and retail property
  • Playground and schoolyard accidents.

If you have been injured due to the following you may also be entitled to compensation:

  • Dog attacks
  • Bicycle accidents that don’t involve a vehicle
  • Physical and sexual assault
  • Aviation accidents
  • Defective products.

You have three years from the date of your accident to make a public liability claim.  An exception to this is children or people with a disability, who have six years to make a claim. 

To ensure that you have the best chances of success in your claim, we encourage you to speak with one of our public liability claims lawyers as soon as you become aware of your injury so we can advise you fully as to your rights and entitlements.

These claims usually vary between one and two years however each case depends on their individual circumstances.

We can only pursue your lump sum benefits after twelve months from the date of your injury.  At this point, we will send you to an independent medical practitioner who will perform an examination to assess your impairment. 

If you have sustained an injury to your spine, you must establish that your whole person impairment rating is 5% or more.  For any other physical injury, you must establish a rating of 6% or more.  If you suffer a psychiatric injury, you must achieve a rating of 10%.

Once you satisfy these threshold requirements, we will discuss a settlement with the other party’s lawyers.  If a settlement cannot be achieved, Maxiom will gladly represent you in Court.

Yes.  If you were dependant on someone who was killed as a result of their injury we can help you make a common law claim.

Yes.  If you have taken out income protection as part of your superannuation policy, you may be able to make a claim.  In addition, you are entitled to a Total and Permanent Disability (TPD) or Permanent Incapacity claim within your respective Superannuation Scheme.  We can assist you make this claim at an appropriate time.

Meet Your Team

Meet our team of personal injury law Accredited Specialists and qualified personal injury lawyers with more than 30 years of combined experience. Our services are given on a “No Win, No Fee” basis and we are committed to obtaining the maximum compensation that you deserve.

Our highly efficient and collaborative team hold weekly strategy meetings to discuss all client files to ensure that every claim is progressed at the right time and you are kept updated. This means you can be confident that your lawyer is working hard to ensure your claim never stands still and that when your case is successful you have received value for money.

Latest Blog Articles

In Melbourne, when a baby or mother is injured during childbirth due to healthcare professionals’ negligence, the family can file a birth injury claim….
If you have superannuation, it’s likely you have TPD insurance. And although many Australians are unaware, the vast majority of the population are likely…
In the realm of personal injury law, the concept of “duty of care” is fundamental to establishing liability and seeking compensation for Common Law…

Your path to recovery starts today

Make an appointment at one of our offices across Victoria today or call us and we can come to you.