Maxiom Injury Lawyers is committed to protecting the privacy of personal information which the organisation collects, holds and administers. Personal information is information which directly or indirectly identifies a person.
The purpose of this document is to provide a framework for Maxiom Injury Lawyers in dealing with privacy considerations.
Maxiom Injury Lawyers collects and administers a range of personal information for the purposes of providing legal advice. The organisation is committed to protecting the privacy of personal information it collects, holds and administers.
Maxiom Injury Lawyers is bound by laws which impose specific obligations when it comes to handling information. The organisation has adopted the following principles contained as minimum standards in relation to handling personal information.
Maxiom Injury Lawyers will:
- Collect only information which the organisation requires for its primary function;
- Ensure that stakeholders are informed as to why we collect the information and how we administer the information gathered;
- Use and disclose personal information only for our primary functions or a directly related purpose, or for another purpose with the person’s consent;
- Store personal information securely, protecting it from unauthorised access; and
- Provide stakeholders with access to their own information, and the right to seek its correction.
Sach Fernando, Founder and Principal Lawyer
Maxiom Injury Lawyers